BLOGGING FROM THE EMPIRE STATE

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Breaking out of the Bubble #2



Ahh, luxury goods. In my opinion, there are very few things more satisfying then impeccably tailored shirts or perfectly sculpted high heels. While many large cities present a number of high end department stores, Montreal seems to be fixated on one in particular: Holt Renfrew. Don’t misunderstand, I love Holts as much as your average fashion junkie, but the experience has become a bit monotonous. For those who find themselves with the same conundrum, I would advise hopping onto the metro and visiting Abe and Mary’s for your next designer fix. I was told about this place by a Montreal native and would never have found it otherwise. It’s located by the Namur metro stop, on the edge of Mont-Royal and Outremont. With two floors, and 7000 sq feet this two-story emporium is well equipped to fulfill your fashion cravings. The store is conveniently divided into little mini-boutiques, and contains everything from eveningwear to lingerie. It also has the most adorable vintage section where I recently spotted a Chanel 2.55 bag circa 1988. Sure the bag will cost you more then 4 months rent, but I rationalize that sporadic indulgences are acceptable. Apparently, Paris Hilton shops there when she’s in town, but we’ll try not to hold that against them.

Abe and Mary’s
4175 Jean Talon West
Montreal, Qc H4P 1W6

No comments:

Profile

My photo
I could tell you all about my wonderful and ridiculous Parisian life, the places I go, the things I do, and the people I see, but that would defeat the purpose wouldn't it? Read and try to imagine. This is my Paris report.