BLOGGING FROM THE EMPIRE STATE

Sunday, March 22, 2009

Signed, sealed, delivered

Despite the fact that I would consider myself quite progressive, in certain ways I remain steadfastly traditional. I’ve recently come to find that contemporary living has all but eliminated the common courtesies that should always be present in civilized society. Simple gestures of etiquette, particularly thank you notes, seem to have fallen out of favor. If you can’t think of the last time that you sent one, it’s been too long. I realize most people would rather send an E-mails or god forbid a Facebook messages, but there are certain situations that simply demand a handwritten thank you. These include, but are not limited to: whenever you have been a guest in someone’s home, anytime you receive a gift, following a job interview, whenever you have been treated to a meal (by someone other then a significant other or immediate family member), or anytime anyone has gone out of their way to help you. When in doubt just send one. It’s a small gesture that will leave a lasting impression. Good manners never go out of style.

No comments:

Profile

My photo
I could tell you all about my wonderful and ridiculous Parisian life, the places I go, the things I do, and the people I see, but that would defeat the purpose wouldn't it? Read and try to imagine. This is my Paris report.