BLOGGING FROM THE EMPIRE STATE

Monday, March 30, 2009

Breaking out of the Bubble #3


For as long as I can remember, I have loved sushi but hated any form of cooked fish. I realize it's illogical and irrational, but I simply cannot stomach fish unless it's raw. When I moved to Montreal I immediately began searching for a new favorite sushi restaurant. Two years and numerous bad experiences later, I have finally found salvation: Tri Express. Located in the Plateau, the best way to get there is to trek up St. Denis or be lazy and take the metro to Laurier. Tri Express is not trendy or sophisticated, but trust me, you don’t care. The décor may not be authentic but the sushi certainly is. It has the most delicious fish in the city. So fresh, it melts in your mouth. Surprisingly, it’s actually affordable; one meal will probably cost you less then that "all you can eat" restaurant that regularly gives you food poisoning. The place is teeny tiny so you better make reservations, and leave your credit cards at home. This place is cash only. Legitemate.

1650 Laurier East, Montreal, QC
514-528-5641

No comments:

Profile

My photo
I could tell you all about my wonderful and ridiculous Parisian life, the places I go, the things I do, and the people I see, but that would defeat the purpose wouldn't it? Read and try to imagine. This is my Paris report.