BLOGGING FROM THE EMPIRE STATE

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

W?HA!!!T? the F*&%#$^?

Living in Paris you are constantly reminded that this is a city where intellect and wit are revered and ignorance and unawareness is considered offensive. Exhibiting any form of scholarly inferiority is all you need to do to insult delicate French sensibilities. I’ve taking to reading Le Monde (a hyper political French version of the New York Times and unofficial religious text of the Sciences Po student body) on my way to school. If only to stop myself from having THIS particular look in the middle of conversations....


Do you know who the frontrunners are to be France's next finance minister?

I don't.

But I will by the time I finish reading today's paper.

No comments:

Profile

My photo
I could tell you all about my wonderful and ridiculous Parisian life, the places I go, the things I do, and the people I see, but that would defeat the purpose wouldn't it? Read and try to imagine. This is my Paris report.