BLOGGING FROM THE EMPIRE STATE

Sunday, February 21, 2010

looking great, arriving late


Hier soir we started our evening with pasta and dry diva martinis on rue Cler before making our way to louvre rivoli. Outside Wadklub there was a devistatingly long line which we thought we could avoid because we were on the list. Nope. The delightful man at the door was content to hold the list but for some reason he could not be prevailed upon to actually check it. After a few minutes we managed to slip in behind a friend who had skillfully negotiated with the stereotypically inept bouncers. Once inside we enjoyed a lovely evening with the Ed Banger boys and one special Banger girl. We twirled around the dance floor and lounged in the black leather den of iniquity, while hipsters clutching their Nikons clamoring for pictures of Gaspard drinking vodka soda. Sheeesh. Such a good night.

Now I'm off museuming and shopping, on the hunt for fallafel. Happy Sunday.

No comments:

Profile

My photo
I could tell you all about my wonderful and ridiculous Parisian life, the places I go, the things I do, and the people I see, but that would defeat the purpose wouldn't it? Read and try to imagine. This is my Paris report.