BLOGGING FROM THE EMPIRE STATE

Monday, February 1, 2010

yums





Sciences Po has a serious space shortage. There are thousands of students crammed into buildings that are always bursting at the seams. Study and eating space is limited so we generally all head down the street to Le Basile our unofficial student café and hang out there. Having eaten everything on the menu countless times I was finally forced to search the area for somewhere new to eat, which is how I found Cuisine de Bar. 4 blocks away from Sci Po there is the most adorable restaurant that specializes in Poilâne open faced sandwiches known as tartine. Poilâne is actually France's signature bread, not the classic baguette as most people believe. The best sandwich has my favorite cheese St-Marcellin cheese with French ham. They stick the sandwich under the broiler until the cheese is gooey and the bread is crunchy. At lunchtime for 12 euros you can get a sandwich, salad, café, and a glass of wine or sparkling water. It's like Subway, but better.

Cuisine de Bar
8 rue Cherche-Midi
75006

No comments:

Profile

My photo
I could tell you all about my wonderful and ridiculous Parisian life, the places I go, the things I do, and the people I see, but that would defeat the purpose wouldn't it? Read and try to imagine. This is my Paris report.