BLOGGING FROM THE EMPIRE STATE

Thursday, March 25, 2010

chez moi

(Sarkozy's pied-à-terre)

I generally like to think of my home as a big closet that I occasionally sleep in. I don't really spend much time chez moi but there are certain things I love about my appart:

Location: really the only thing that matters in real estate. I live on the edge of the 1st and 8th arrondissement, on a street with the world's most ye olde pretentious French name! Hurraaay!

My "huge" bathroom: I put huge in quotations because in Canada it would be considered a glorified water closet but in Paris it's immense.

Storage: there really isn't any in most paris apartments. I have 4 closets at my disposal and a huge chest of drawers. Jealous?

Cleaning: can't really take that long because ummmm it's about the size of an American walk in closet.

My fridge: which is stocked only with the essentials: milk, eggs, and Perrier (occasionally yogurt as well!).

Location 2: I live down the street from Colette, Lanvin, and every other designer store imaginable, and around the corner from my beloved Laduree and Palais de l'Élysée. My neighborhood has 3 Chanels and only one grocery store. Convenience where it counts.

If it's good enough from Carla and Sarko it's good enough for me!

No comments:

Profile

My photo
I could tell you all about my wonderful and ridiculous Parisian life, the places I go, the things I do, and the people I see, but that would defeat the purpose wouldn't it? Read and try to imagine. This is my Paris report.