BLOGGING FROM THE EMPIRE STATE

Sunday, April 4, 2010

ohhh the 60's



After a weekend of museuming and sample saling, I'm spending a lazy Sunday afternoon eating easter chocolate and watching old episodes of Mad Men. I would love to go back to a time of men in suits, Cadillacs, and inappropriate office drinking. There is something undeniably kitschy yet glamorous about the 1960's. Part of me would have loved to grow up as Sally Draper, mixing drinks for the parents at cocktail hour. Too many years of all girls prep school and my independent inclinations are still repressed at the thought of full skirts and a life of leisure.

I'm pretty sure my feminist forbearers are rolling over in their graves right now.

No comments:

Profile

My photo
I could tell you all about my wonderful and ridiculous Parisian life, the places I go, the things I do, and the people I see, but that would defeat the purpose wouldn't it? Read and try to imagine. This is my Paris report.