BLOGGING FROM THE EMPIRE STATE

Thursday, April 2, 2009

Coming to America

In the wake of an economic crisis the Americans are facing a British invasion. Topshop has officially opened its’ doors in New York City just in time for spring.




Last night, celebrities flocked to Balthazar on Spring st. to celebrate the launch. The queen of British cool (aka Kate Moss), will host the official store opening today. SoHo should expect a large influx of fashionistas, all clamoring for a chance to stalk their favorite style icon.

Topshop has flown under the North American radar for a while, but for those in the know it’s a veritable treasure trove of affordable unconventional fashion. The first North American outlet is good news. Hopefully, a Canadian flagship won’t be too far behind. (I realize it’s just delirious and wishful thinking, but a girl can dream right?) Until then, it gives us Montreal girls yet another excuse to pop down to the City.

No comments:

Profile

My photo
I could tell you all about my wonderful and ridiculous Parisian life, the places I go, the things I do, and the people I see, but that would defeat the purpose wouldn't it? Read and try to imagine. This is my Paris report.