BLOGGING FROM THE EMPIRE STATE

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Fast times at Concordia University


Now all universities have a rival school, and it’s no secret that McGill and Concordia dislike one another. This week, however, I was forced to go behind enemy lines. Some extremely considerate person decided to take out every single book on racial stereotyping in art history forcing me, and presumably others, to get creative. So here I sit in the Concordia library, contemplating race and modernism and thinking about the differences between our two schools. Concordia students are not all that different from McGill students except maybe in their library etiquette. At McGill, silence is golden. Even opening the zipper of your bag is considered a serious offense, and will elicit stares. At Concordia there is no such standard. Every floor is loud, and I don’t means just noisy, I mean loud. There are also more people sitting on the tables then there are on the chairs. More importantly, Jeff Spicoli at the table across from me just ordered himself a deluxe pizza, hold the onions, extra cheese. Toto I don’t think we’re at McGill anymore.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That is ridiculous. I would shoot myself.

Profile

My photo
I could tell you all about my wonderful and ridiculous Parisian life, the places I go, the things I do, and the people I see, but that would defeat the purpose wouldn't it? Read and try to imagine. This is my Paris report.