BLOGGING FROM THE EMPIRE STATE

Thursday, November 26, 2009

Call me sentimental


I completely forgot to observe Canadian Thanksgiving but as many of my friends in Paris are from the States we are doing American Thanksgiving up right. Turkey, gravy, and all those yummy things in between. Now is as good a time as any to reflect on all the things we have to be thankful for. My list for this year includes:

Obama
Lanvin's spring/summer line
Years abroad
My parents that support years abroad (and pretty much everything else i do)
Free speech
A sister a train ride away
Brunch
Amazing friends spread all over the world
Unlimited texting
Dual Canadian and UK citizenship
BBC journalism
A huge bathroom in a tiny studio
Kir cassis
My physical and mental health

It's always good to reflect on life and think about all the things, small and big, that make our day-to-day existence worthwhile. Take time to appreciate the people around you and let them know how special they are. - Okay, are you rolling your eyes yet??? - I know it sounds trite but I stand by my sappy sentiments. If you love someone, tell them, and if you're fighting with someone, hug it out bitch! Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

No comments:

Profile

My photo
I could tell you all about my wonderful and ridiculous Parisian life, the places I go, the things I do, and the people I see, but that would defeat the purpose wouldn't it? Read and try to imagine. This is my Paris report.