BLOGGING FROM THE EMPIRE STATE

Saturday, November 14, 2009

Royal with Cheese

("Sitting on the grass permitted")

As Vincent Vega so wisely put it, in Europe it’s all about the little differences. During my time in Paris I have noticed a few things:

*The ketchup is a funky color
*Quality wine costs less then diet coke
*Nothing is open on Sunday
*Nudity is commonplace (unfortunately so is public urination)
*French keyboards make me tpye like thqas
*The American music is bad and about a year behind (Katy Perry anyone?)
*Parisians will line up for practically anything
*Sexuality is a fluid concept
*Apartments are smaller then American walk-in closets
*It's best not to talk to strangers on the metro, friendliness is considered creepy
*Only certain grass in the park is designated for sitting
*You can buy beer at McDonald (but NO, it does not come as a happy meal option, this isn't Germany after all)

Cheers!


No comments:

Profile

My photo
I could tell you all about my wonderful and ridiculous Parisian life, the places I go, the things I do, and the people I see, but that would defeat the purpose wouldn't it? Read and try to imagine. This is my Paris report.