BLOGGING FROM THE EMPIRE STATE

Thursday, November 19, 2009

Ode to over-the-knee socks


I spent most of my formative years in a uniform so I have a great aversion to the poly blend hell that is knee socks, but I've recently developed an affection for over-the-knee socks. It's amazing how a few extra inches of fabric can take you out of a Britney video and into a legitimate fashion choice. If it's warm enough where you are you can wear them with bare legs or as I've been doing lately, layer them with tights underneath. Oxford flats are ideal for these but they can also look super adorable peeking out of boots. Buy a pair in black or better yet smokey grey and layer them over colored tights. Red, navy, green, the possibilities are endless. If you really want to be avant-garde you can take a stab at this season's garter trend and hitch up your socks. Precarious but certainly worth a try.

No comments:

Profile

My photo
I could tell you all about my wonderful and ridiculous Parisian life, the places I go, the things I do, and the people I see, but that would defeat the purpose wouldn't it? Read and try to imagine. This is my Paris report.