BLOGGING FROM THE EMPIRE STATE

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

photo says it all

Today is a very important day in the United States. And, no the Obama's are not adopting another dog.....Today is the day that Maine residents will vote to uphold or revoke the right of same sex couples to marry. I find it absolutely shocking that in the 21st century this debate still persists. Discriminatory legal practices have no place in any country that claims to be a democracy. Gay and lesbian couples should just as easily be able to adopt children and have legal protection under the law. I'm proud to be from one of the few countries that upholds equal marriage rights regardless of sexual orientation.

America, if South Africa can manage so can you.

Get it done!

No comments:

Profile

My photo
I could tell you all about my wonderful and ridiculous Parisian life, the places I go, the things I do, and the people I see, but that would defeat the purpose wouldn't it? Read and try to imagine. This is my Paris report.