BLOGGING FROM THE EMPIRE STATE

Thursday, November 5, 2009

This post is late, I'm lazy




Having visited Paris numerous times before, I thought I would be done with most of the time honored tourist traditions. The thought of spend hours in line waiting to mount the Eiffel Tower holds little to no appeal. One of the few tourist traps I voluntarily chose to relive was Château de Versailles. As a child I adored spending the entire day running around the castle pretending to be Marie Antoinette. There is something truly magical and tragic about Versailles' romantic history that continues to captivates me. During my first month in Paris I hopped on the train with a few friends and spent the afternoon wandering among the gilded chandeliers and some surprisingly striking contemporary art. French artistic darling Xavier Veilhan has a great exhibition showing at the castle until the beginning of December. His show works as the perfect juxtaposition to the castle's traditional architecture.


No comments:

Profile

My photo
I could tell you all about my wonderful and ridiculous Parisian life, the places I go, the things I do, and the people I see, but that would defeat the purpose wouldn't it? Read and try to imagine. This is my Paris report.