BLOGGING FROM THE EMPIRE STATE

Monday, November 9, 2009

nostalgia

You know that awful experience as you get older and you re-watch things you used to adore as a kid, only to discover that the show/movie you used to love was a festering cesspool of visual and auditory crap? (btw thanks mom and dad for watching It Takes Two with me 32894012834901823094812 million times).


As a conservative estimate, I would say 90% of the things I used to watch as a child fall into that category, but thankfully my all time favorites are just as enjoyable now as they were when I was 6.

Before my fascination with Sex and the City, before my embarrassing addiction to Gossip Girl, my womanly life expectations came courtesy of Walt Disney.


Belle was my favorite Disney princess because she was beautiful, smart, french, and she definitely wore the pants in her relationship. Not to mention she had the best wardrobe - sorry Jasmine but drop crotch harem pants just can't compare to a gold ball gown.

If you're bedridden by swine 09 or just perfecting the art of procrastinating, dig out that old VHS or laserdisc (remember those?) and bask in the glory of a Disney classic!

No comments:

Profile

My photo
I could tell you all about my wonderful and ridiculous Parisian life, the places I go, the things I do, and the people I see, but that would defeat the purpose wouldn't it? Read and try to imagine. This is my Paris report.