BLOGGING FROM THE EMPIRE STATE

Monday, May 10, 2010

somuchbetter


Even after years of writing exams at McGill walking into the exam room still causes my heart to palpitate a little. Writing in the gym is like taking exams under the Nazi regime. Everything is regimented, organized, and meticulously controlled. You can always tell everyone is just a few minutes away from having a complete mental break down. I once saw a boy burst into tears the moment he looked at the exam question. Writing exams at Sciences Po is not nearly as stressful. This afternoon I had my final evaluation for my American Conservatism class, which basically consisted of me and my prof drinking espresso at a cafe while we debated the merits of Strauss vs. Hayek. Coffee and intellectual banter, pretty much a standard activity in Paris. Maybe I will stick around Sci Po next year.....

No comments:

Profile

My photo
I could tell you all about my wonderful and ridiculous Parisian life, the places I go, the things I do, and the people I see, but that would defeat the purpose wouldn't it? Read and try to imagine. This is my Paris report.