BLOGGING FROM THE EMPIRE STATE

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

meet me under the mistletoe


They're stringing up the lights on St. honore, the holiday season has officially begun! This is my favorite time of the year. I realize it's only the first day of December but I'm excited non the less. I'm a sucker for cheesy carols, trite holiday specials, syrupy sweet gingerbread lattes, and long catch-ups with friends and family. Holiday traditions make this time of year so special. Every Christmas eve my family watches Scrooge before bed, after "enjoying" a dinner of tourtière. For those that have missed out on the joy that is meat pie, tourtière is a Quebecois specialty dish made of minced pork, which tastes about as good as it sounds. You have to drown it in spoonfuls of condiments before it ever becomes even slightly edible. I've hated it and eaten it every year for as long as I can remember. It's a vulgar dish but I suppose it's appropriate for Christmas eve; It makes Christmas day Turkey tastes that much better. Looking forward to the holiday season and all the bad pie it entails!

10 days until Hanukkah
24 days until Christmas!

joy for the the modern phenomenon that is Chrismukkah!

No comments:

Profile

My photo
I could tell you all about my wonderful and ridiculous Parisian life, the places I go, the things I do, and the people I see, but that would defeat the purpose wouldn't it? Read and try to imagine. This is my Paris report.