BLOGGING FROM THE EMPIRE STATE

Saturday, December 5, 2009

Can't find this on Ebay


The ever evasive fashion house Masion Martin Margiela is selling off some of their most iconic pieces online at YOOX. If you've got a spare $10 000 lying around indulge yourself by buying something truly unique. If I had that luxury I would certainly purchase this disco ball jacket made for the 2008 spring/summer collection.

Simply divine, don't you think?

No one is quite sure when Martin actually left the house, because he refuses to give interviews or be photographed, but I will say that the past few seasons have been lackluster at best. This jacket represents the glory years when editors were still happy to get lost following hand drawn maps that lead to creepy cemeteries just to view Margiela's collection. Now the house seems to have lost its edge. As such, anyone with the funds should purchase one of these outfits for posterity. It seems unlikely that we'll see anything this great from the masion of Margiela again.


No comments:

Profile

My photo
I could tell you all about my wonderful and ridiculous Parisian life, the places I go, the things I do, and the people I see, but that would defeat the purpose wouldn't it? Read and try to imagine. This is my Paris report.