BLOGGING FROM THE EMPIRE STATE

Saturday, December 5, 2009

I better get an “A”


This semester I’m taking perhaps the greatest class ever conceived by an academic institution: the history of fashion. In a terribly uncharacteristic move I’ve managed to read the entire textbook, including 70 carefully selected pages on international copyright law, and I loved every minute of it. My teacher is a Viktor and Rolf wearing, mid-20 something, french genius, who studied under Yves Saint Laurent, and taught at Columbia; suffice to say I am absurdly jealous. She’s impossibly intimidating and terrifies 95% of the people in our class but I don’t care. She’s opinionated, discerning, and completely fantastic! One of the few teachers at Sciences Po that does not make me want to bang my head against a brick wall. Last class we did a segment on Haute Couture and next class we’ll be addressing the piracy paradox. I repeat,

GREATEST CLASS EVER.

No comments:

Profile

My photo
I could tell you all about my wonderful and ridiculous Parisian life, the places I go, the things I do, and the people I see, but that would defeat the purpose wouldn't it? Read and try to imagine. This is my Paris report.