BLOGGING FROM THE EMPIRE STATE

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Power to the prol


It is a well known fact that Paris is permanently on strike. A reality I was forced to confront last Saturday when I tried to go to a photo exhibit only to realize the Centre Pompidou was en grève. There is nothing the French love more then a good grassroots protest. This is a country where rural farmers once dismantled a newly built McDonalds to quell what they deemed to be the “cultural disease of American expansionism.” The French infectious attitude is more then enough to make me grab a sign and picket along with the masses.

Vive la revolution!

But wait……..what are we protesting for again?

No comments:

Profile

My photo
I could tell you all about my wonderful and ridiculous Parisian life, the places I go, the things I do, and the people I see, but that would defeat the purpose wouldn't it? Read and try to imagine. This is my Paris report.