BLOGGING FROM THE EMPIRE STATE

Saturday, December 19, 2009

Public transportation is clearly overrated

It's 4:30 in the morning and as is so often the case in France, there are no cabs to be found. What to do? Well if you're like most Parisians you either get on a velib and bike home, or if you're not a fan of the drunken Tour de France, then you wait until 5:30 when the metro opens. The Parisian metro simply encourages bad behavior by stopping from 2:00 to 5:30am. That's a guaranteed extra 3 1/2 hours of unintentional lechery. Of course then you figure, I'm out until 5:30 anyway, what's the harm in few extra hours? And so I often find myself heading home around sunrise, heels in hand, just in time to greet the morning shopkeepers on St. Honore. I'm convinced that the sales accociate at Lanvin thinks I'm a women of loose morals.
Bad bad bad behavior.

No comments:

Profile

My photo
I could tell you all about my wonderful and ridiculous Parisian life, the places I go, the things I do, and the people I see, but that would defeat the purpose wouldn't it? Read and try to imagine. This is my Paris report.