BLOGGING FROM THE EMPIRE STATE

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

All you need is love



Pigalle is traditionally the red light district of Paris so it's appropriate that I saw more then one "working girl" on my way to dinner last night. What was I doing in such an area you may wonder? While many of the locals may be women of questionable morals, Hôtel Amour in the 9th is one of my favorite places to grab late night drinks, meet friends for brunch, have an intimate dinner, you get the idea.

Owned by hotelier Thierry Costes and nightlife king André, this hotel is breeding ground for Parisians in the know and artistic jet setters. The stylish clientele appreciate the hotel's quirky charm and Keihl's coriander moisturizer in the bathroom. Having been designed by a slew of talented artists, the decor is cheerful and unpretentious. The place has a homey feel that I just love.

Everything on the menu is delicious. Choose anything that comes with the amazing french fries, or a plate of perfectly prepared salad. Order a bottle from the carefully selected wine list and spend your evening locking eyes with the gorgeous regulars who drift in and out.

As with most places worth eating in Paris, reservations are recommended. Especially if you want to eat on the heated terrace.

Hôtel Amour
8 Rue de Navarin
75009 Paris
01 48 78 31 80

No comments:

Profile

My photo
I could tell you all about my wonderful and ridiculous Parisian life, the places I go, the things I do, and the people I see, but that would defeat the purpose wouldn't it? Read and try to imagine. This is my Paris report.