BLOGGING FROM THE EMPIRE STATE

Sunday, January 24, 2010

shopping is french cardio


All savvy Parisian knows that vintage shopping is the key to building an interesting and unique wardrobe. In Paris you can find loads of vintage stores in the Marais but some of the best frips I know are located off the beaten track. One of my favorites is located in the 20th arrondisement. Ding Fring looks like a salvation army and there is nothing cute or charming about it. Most of the people who shop there are my parent's age and dress like it's 1985 (and not in a pretty Balmain type of way). That being said, I've found some amazing things there. You may have to root through piles of polyester but eventually you will find that perfect party dress or exquisite scarf. This place is particularly wonderful for its coats and its designer men's shirts (YSL and Balenciaga to name a few). Go here when you're game for the hunt and be warned that the owners can be a bit eccentric. Mind your P's and Q's.

Ding Fring
340 Rue des Pyrénées
75020 Paris

No comments:

Profile

My photo
I could tell you all about my wonderful and ridiculous Parisian life, the places I go, the things I do, and the people I see, but that would defeat the purpose wouldn't it? Read and try to imagine. This is my Paris report.