BLOGGING FROM THE EMPIRE STATE

Saturday, January 23, 2010

brancher

Now that fashion week is upon us I feel compelled to blog Le Montana. From the name you might be expecting an American style dive bar with moose heads and plaid on the wall. Think again. This painfully cool left bank establishment is a playground for the city's creative elite. Located right around the corner from the famed Café Flore, this is where you go to see and be seen. During fashion week you can't swing a Chanel bag in this place without knocking over multiple Vogue editors, a few models, and maybe Kanye West. Montana is brought to you by Purple magazine editor Olivier Zahm and graffiti artist André. If possible it's even smaller then its sister club, Le Baron. Upstairs the sitting area has black walls decorated with white botanical drawings, perfect for sipping a Kir Royal while scoping out the scene. Downstairs, shattered mirrors line the tunnel walls where hip young things spin around the tiny dancefloor. There are no rules and no mercy at the door. Entry is by association only.

Notable Resident: Nicholas, one of the last gentleman bartenders.

PS. If you want to know what happened last night in Paris just check out Olivier's blog

No comments:

Profile

My photo
I could tell you all about my wonderful and ridiculous Parisian life, the places I go, the things I do, and the people I see, but that would defeat the purpose wouldn't it? Read and try to imagine. This is my Paris report.