BLOGGING FROM THE EMPIRE STATE

Monday, January 11, 2010

Home suite home




Hotel bars in Paris are extremely popular, the Hemingway at the Ritz, the courtyard at the Costes, but recently everyone has been heading up North to l'Hotel Particulier in Montmartre. From Thursdays to Sundays they operate a semi-secret bar in the hotel. Even if you can't stay in one of the 5 gorgeous suites you can certainly grab a glass of wine while you gawk at the amazing contemporary art that litters every room.

After chatting up the owner, Morgane Rousseau, I got a peek at one of the guest rooms. SPECTACULAR. The mini loft on the top floor is a fantasy. Housed in an aristocratic mansion this hotel aims to be a step above a B&B, providing personal trainers and meals cooked by a local chief for their guests. The mansion also boasts a private leafy courtyard that was designed by the same man who revamped the Tuileries gardens.

Take a trip back to the time of Dali and van Gogh and wander the twisted streets of Montmartre until you find the secret alleyway entrance. When you see the black iron gates you'll know you've arrived. Literally and figuratively.

l'Hotel Particulier
23, avenue Junot
75018

1 comment:

juliette said...

YO. ive been wanting to go to this bar for ages.
LEZZZ DOOOO ITT

Profile

My photo
I could tell you all about my wonderful and ridiculous Parisian life, the places I go, the things I do, and the people I see, but that would defeat the purpose wouldn't it? Read and try to imagine. This is my Paris report.