BLOGGING FROM THE EMPIRE STATE

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

living for the present






Chanel is always one of the most anticipated Haute Couture shows and generally a personal favorite. This collection was a huge step up from Lagerfeld's last couture collection, which can only be described as extremely subdued. This season Chanel embraces both pastel and silver for a color palette that looks like Marie Antoinette's birthday cake. With the predominance of metallic one might go so far as to call it futuristic but Karl is quick to maintain that he designs only for the here and now. Apparently the modern women has a desire for silver dipped shorts?? Well, they wouldn't be my first choice but they're still pretty fabulous. No classic little black dresses or suits trimmed in roped tweed, this is certainly a departure from the Chanel standard. Other then a few less then thrilling evening dresses this was a very well thought out collection. I adore the neck rosettes, metallic gloves, and the liquid mercury nails. Uncle Karl does us right.

No comments:

Profile

My photo
I could tell you all about my wonderful and ridiculous Parisian life, the places I go, the things I do, and the people I see, but that would defeat the purpose wouldn't it? Read and try to imagine. This is my Paris report.