BLOGGING FROM THE EMPIRE STATE

Friday, January 29, 2010

fiesta





These outfits NEED close-ups



Some critics are convinced it will be the greatest collection of the year, others think it was a disaster. In truly irritating fashion I find myself firmly on the fence. Gaultier presented some of the best tailoring that we've seen this season, those basket weaved palm dresses were unbelievable, but the theme was so overwhelming and the first half of the collection doesn't do much. His sartorial genius could have been better appropriated to clothing that appeals to the modern women, who is currently yearning for something other then a denim jumpsuit. I would have liked to see more pieces that fell into line with the fringe dresses or sharp blazers. I can do without the pseudo chap pants. All that being said, there was quite a lot of stunning evening wear to choose from, and at least Gaultier did something really interesting in a week of less then inspiring couture. The more I look at this collection the more I like it.

No comments:

Profile

My photo
I could tell you all about my wonderful and ridiculous Parisian life, the places I go, the things I do, and the people I see, but that would defeat the purpose wouldn't it? Read and try to imagine. This is my Paris report.