BLOGGING FROM THE EMPIRE STATE

Sunday, January 3, 2010

Dinner dates


Saturday night I celebrated the return of one of my favorite girls with dinner at Curieux Spaghetti Bar. Located right across from Beaubroug, this restaurant has Paris trendy written all over it. The decor is eclectic, the people are beautiful, but what else is new in the Marais? Order the bruschetta samples to start, followed by old fashioned spaghetti and meatballs. It goes without saying that ordering steak at a joint like this is pointless. The pasta comes in metal pots, the alcohol come in test tubes, and they provide you with a bib to protect your ensemble (not that you should even consider wearing it). Make yourself a reservation, and be sure to request a table in the back, preferably a banquette; the front area is social Siberia.

14 Rue Saint-Merri
75004 Paris
01 42 72 75 97

No comments:

Profile

My photo
I could tell you all about my wonderful and ridiculous Parisian life, the places I go, the things I do, and the people I see, but that would defeat the purpose wouldn't it? Read and try to imagine. This is my Paris report.