BLOGGING FROM THE EMPIRE STATE

Wednesday, January 27, 2010





The suspense surrounding Tisci's new vision for Givenchy seems to have reached a fever pitch. I was pretty exited to see his new collection, but after reviewing the photos it left me feeling rather ummmm.....blah. I've had my fill of dark encrusted shoulders and could probably do without most of the evening wear. The standout pieces of the collection were the emerald and cobalt jumpsuits that will be photographed to death in editorials, worn once by Rhianna on the red carpet and then forgotten about. I fell in love with the black silk cape, but everything else I feel like I've already seen before: Nicely cut tuxedo jackets, flippy feather skirts, suede over-the-knee boots? It wasn't terrible by any means but Tisci didn't exactly hit it out of the ball park. Better luck next time.

No comments:

Profile

My photo
I could tell you all about my wonderful and ridiculous Parisian life, the places I go, the things I do, and the people I see, but that would defeat the purpose wouldn't it? Read and try to imagine. This is my Paris report.