BLOGGING FROM THE EMPIRE STATE

Saturday, January 9, 2010

Warhol would approve



I've lately found myself obsessed with the idea of Morocco. One of my friends just got back from Marrakesh today and I cannot wait to hear about her fabulous adventures. In lieu of of being able to jet off to Africa, I joined friends for dinner and drinks at my favorite Moroccan bar, Andy Wahloo. "Wahloo" is Arabic means "I have nothing," which must be some cultured attempt at sarcasm because this place appears to have everything but the kitchen sink. Wahloo has kitsch in spades, but that's what attracts both the jet-setters and the locals.

If you show up famished (as I did last night) indulge yourself with something from the tapas menu. My friend and I both fiend the lamburger, which goes perfectly with a tall minty mojito. You can also sample a bottle of North African wine. Ask your server for a suggestion, they're all adorable and uncharacteristically friendly.

The music is a mix of middle eastern beats and classic rock, a surprising charming combination. Around midnight the DJ cranks the volume and everyone packs the dancefloor. ENJOY.

Andy Wahloo
69 Rue des Gravilliers
75003 Paris

No comments:

Profile

My photo
I could tell you all about my wonderful and ridiculous Parisian life, the places I go, the things I do, and the people I see, but that would defeat the purpose wouldn't it? Read and try to imagine. This is my Paris report.