BLOGGING FROM THE EMPIRE STATE

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Queens of the night


Everyone knows that Paris is a city that comes alive at night. There are thousands upon thousands of bars, clubs, and lounges to keep you entertained once the sun goes down. That's not to say they are all good. Most of the clubs in Paris suck. Ya that's right I said it. I might wax poetic about all night dance-a-thons but that's because I've found a few places that I really enjoy.

I have a not so revolutionary theory about Paris nightclubs that the smaller they are the better they are. Last night we went to the cutest coziest club called Le Tigre. It's a little gem box near Opera that's about the size of a postage stamp.

The crowd is fashionable and fun. Everyone was mingling around drink in hand, jamming out on the dance floor or chatting on the banquettes.

We went for the company and stayed for I Was There, who provided set after set of auditory pleasure. You know when you're really tired and you decide you're going to leave but then there's a song that you love playing so you stay and dance? Of course you do. Last night was kind of like that, repeatedly. It took us 30 minutes to get out the door.

When we finally did hit the streets it was at a shockingly reasonable hour. I headed home happy and went to bed dreaming about all the wonderful events to come. Including the much anticipated return of my boys to Paris!

Le Tigre
5 Rue de Molière
75001 Paris

No comments:

Profile

My photo
I could tell you all about my wonderful and ridiculous Parisian life, the places I go, the things I do, and the people I see, but that would defeat the purpose wouldn't it? Read and try to imagine. This is my Paris report.