BLOGGING FROM THE EMPIRE STATE

Friday, January 22, 2010

Red house

The Maison Rouge is my new favorite museum in Paris. My lovely aunt (and curator extraordinaire) took my friend and I on a private tour with artist Jean-jacques Lebel. The exhibition was a compilation of Lebel's private collections with some of his personal pieces as well. An extremely eclectic compilation of mostly surrealist, happenings, and data works with an underlying erotic tone. The show was truly stunning and although it has closed now I can't wait to go back to the Maison to see what they're doing next. The large museums in Paris are fantastic but the smaller ones often have expos that are far more interesting and avant-garde. For anyone who is interested in contemporary art this space is a must visit!

No comments:

Profile

My photo
I could tell you all about my wonderful and ridiculous Parisian life, the places I go, the things I do, and the people I see, but that would defeat the purpose wouldn't it? Read and try to imagine. This is my Paris report.