BLOGGING FROM THE EMPIRE STATE

Sunday, January 10, 2010

What dreams are made of


With all the wonderful pâtisseries in Paris I marvel at the fact that I can eat anything but sweets. I walked past Pâtisserie des Rêves on my way to school and it looked so delightful that I popped back after class for a closer inspection. The owner of the store, Philippe Conticini, is the legendary and wildly successful Parisian pastry chief. The cakes and pastries are displayed in the center of the store like works of art. Each one is self-contained in a temperature controlled glass bell. You place your order with the staff and then it arrives fresh from the kitchen. I had a caramel and peanut butter profiteroles that made me weak at the knees. This place will satisfy any craving you have.

Pâtisserie des Rêves
93 Rue du Bac
75007 Paris

No comments:

Profile

My photo
I could tell you all about my wonderful and ridiculous Parisian life, the places I go, the things I do, and the people I see, but that would defeat the purpose wouldn't it? Read and try to imagine. This is my Paris report.